The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

If I could do this one over again...

We would have announced the day after the record-setting March snowstorm that the Liberal Leave Policy was in effect for employees on Monday, March 25. The Civil Service Advisory Council (CSAC) brought this to my attention yesterday. They told me there was some confusion and distress because classes were canceled and the campus was open, but some highways and roads in the area obviously were still in really bad shape that Monday. I told them I made this mistake: I thought the Liberal Leave Policy was in effect because it's based on common sense and good judgment, but I discovered it wasn't formally activated because we had not announced it. So my apologies to the staff and supervisors who did not know for sure how to handle "Should I or shouldn't I go work today?" that morning. And thanks for CSAC for bringing this to my attention.

3 Comments:

At April 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is ok to be proud of your achievements and to own your mistakes. Good example for the campus.

At April 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a good man "Charlie Brown!"

At April 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed, you are a true statesman. "To know better is to do better".
Maya Angelou

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home