The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First time since 1943

I got word that at 2:08 p.m. today, water from the Illinois River went over the levee at the Emiquon Preserve's Thompson Lake -- where UIS operates a field research station . It's the first time since 1943 the levee has been overtopped. The picture below was taken from the top of that high levee, on the west side of the river near Havana, by UIS's Blake Wood last fall. So all the land you see in the foreground is now under water. (Anybody know how high that levee is?) As we learned anew in the 1993 floods, nature always wins. Always.

1 Comments:

At May 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Biddut Debnath said...

Hello sir, How are you today?

Looks up greats! I enjoy because it is a nice and very effective article. Thank you, writer for writing like a nice article. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog.SEO is one of the effective advertising models that many organization site owners apply now to create their sites well-known. Choosing an experienced and cost-effective Affordable SEO service is the first step towards achieving your seo goals. If done properly, seo can bring fantastic outcomes and high look for motor promotion placement. You have to create your option well, if you are looking for a cost-effective Cost-effective SEO Company to bring out seo tasks. A effective internet promotion organization can provide you with all the necessary assistance and services you need to achieve your organization goals.

Thanks For Very Interesting Post

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home