The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3 ways that I'm grateful today

Now that spring break is just over, shouldn't it be warmer outside than it is today or will be tomorrow? I know I haven't posted for awhile but that's going to change. I like to focus on the strong community that we continue to build here and will be having a few observations.

For example, I'm not sure that we in administration do enough to express our appreciation for the great work done by our staff and faculty. Maybe I can move the needle on that just a bit. I've been reading a book by Ann Voskamp in which she dared herself to identify a thousand ordinary things that she's grateful for. That inspires me to look back at the past winter and be thankful for... 
-- the friendly, hospitable staff in Capitol Perks and the Food Emporium whenever I order my totally predictable cup of coffee and sandwich... 
-- the cleared parking lots and sidewalks after the snow... 
-- my trash getting emptied every day without fail... 
Thanks to those of you who do these jobs. They might seem ordinary to some people, but they really make my day.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home