The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Friday, September 24, 2010

A great video

If you want to see 40 years of UIS history in about 4 minutes, look at this. It is great.

Labels: ,

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A new app I really need

If you have an iPhone or Android, I know you love your apps, the ones you really need. Today I added the UIS app to my iPhone. It's really cool app. I listened to the campus radio station and had easy access to the UIS news. There's more. The app is amazingly easy to load. Get it from UIS smartphone app.

Labels: , ,

Friday, September 3, 2010

They got my attention

An impressive group of students showed up today at my first open monthly forum of the semester (called Ed's Campus Forum). These students want Greek life at UIS -- not housing, they emphasized, but the social structures that they believe would retain more students at UIS and benefit them the rest of their lives. They said some people told them Greek life was not allowed at UIS; then they discovered that's not true, and they're right about that. They also said the other two U of I campuses have Greek life, so why not UIS? Now they plan to conduct educational sessions this semester, and showing up at my forum was one step in their process. By the time they were finished, my last question was: What can I do to help you?

Labels: