The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Second forum, many issues

A handful of people were at the forum today, raising questions about some old issues and raising some new ones as well. I have some homework to do, with questions arising about reporting of our SECA contributions, why the soccer teams are on the other side of the field this year, whether we could offer a CPR class here, the lack of Board of Trustees pictures in the PAC lobby, furlough days, and whether chemicals sprayed on our campus lawns might be harmful to to squirrels, ducks, geese and other animals. Someone also commented favorably about the statement sent to the campus today by the chancellor in support of our LGBTQ community. Go to my web site for updates about these issues. Click on the "topics" links on the left sid of that page.

2 Comments:

At October 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Chuck Cossey said...

I found that tolerance for diverse religious, political, and life style choices certainly exist, unless you are a student who is politically or religiously conservative. I was verbally attacked by students (with the support of the instructor) at UIS for my views. Tolerance is a two way street.
Chuck Cossey

At October 12, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Chancellor has requested that faculty be lenient with absences from classes."
Shouldn't the staff be given the same leniency? In general, we are required to provide a Doctor's excuse if we are absent more than three days.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home