The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Regular open forums? What about "Talk to Ed"?

Last week at the Civil Service Advisory Committee meeting, I suggested that I'd like to be available regularly for small open forums for UIS staff to talk about what's on their minds. The forums would be called something simple like "Talk to Ed." It would be very informal, and NOT on the PAC 5th floor. I'd go to different places on campus. (I'm also thinking some people would not want to say publicly what's on their mind. I'd be available for that, too, privately, at a different time.) Probably, only a small number of people would come each time, but I think it would be worthwhile. What do you think?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Bradjward said...

I think it's a great idea. Do it weekly or bi-monthly at the coffee shop on campus. People would surely have something to chat about and it would be a very casual, relaxed atmosphere. Will be interested to hear more!

At March 17, 2009 at 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We already have CSAC, the unions,and the Non-monetary Compensation Committee. Do you really need another platform for hearing about staff issues?? You could try addressing the issues you already know about instead of creating another layer of "We really care about staff" propaganda.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home