The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Where to really learn about social media and higher ed

I just learned about a new company called BlueFuego.com. What I really like about this company's creators is they don't give me all their theory. They mainly talk about what works. One of the founders, Brad Ward, is a UIS alum. He started his career at UIS and did a lot of web stuff and photography and blogging when he was a student and staffer here. He's already traveling around the world telling people what works -- and how to do what works. That's what people want to know: what works. I do wonder, though, what the heck a blue fuego is.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Bradjward said...

Thanks for the mention, Ed! Will continue to do UIS proud and hopefully educate the masses along the way. :)

As for the name, Jen actually came up with it at Chili's. Blue Fuego = Blue Fire, the hottest part of the flame. I liked the descriptor-noun combo and had a good history with it (SquaredPeg.com, TwoSouth.com, etc.) so we ran with it. Got the domain and liked the ring it had to it, so that's the story of BlueFuego!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home