The UIS Community

A new kind of conversation addressing issues that UIS students and staff care about.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Energy at DC alumni event

There was a lot of vibrant energy in the room last night at the Alumni Association's reception for UIS alums in the Washington, D.C., area. The people there graduated from 1973 to 2008 -- nearly our entire history! (There were also some UIUC alumni there, too. All part of the same Illinois family.) The networking was fun. I enjoyed seeing people I knew from their Springfield days and really enjoyed meeting new people with connections to UIS. How rewarding to see and hear on the front lines how UIS and our alumni are "making a difference in the world" -- one of our major strategic goals. I think we'll get some pictures posted soon. Come back and check; I will let you know.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 26, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Kyle said...

It was a really great evening. To see the accomplishments of so many UIS grads was great. It was also great to see fimilar faces from campus. I hope this becomes a tradition in DC.

At June 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Carly said...

Who knew there were so many UIS grads IN the District? It was a really interesting array of graduates, and as always, as a new-ish grad it was great to see what those who came before have been able to accomplish with UIS as a stepping stone.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped organize the event - it was really great to see some familiar Illinois faces here in the city. I have to agree with Kyle, I hope it becomes a tradition!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home